Friday, 9 December 2011
Sunday, 13 November 2011
|Des takes a photo on the new camera.|
|We stopped for lunch at Garden World. Then we took a quick |
stroll through Garden World's shop.
|Des discovered the zoom and took another photo.|
We had a nice day and really enjoyed the visit.
Saturday, 29 October 2011
Sunday, 16 October 2011
Wednesday, 28 September 2011
Tuesday, 20 September 2011
Saturday, 17 September 2011
In a "politically correct" age, the photographs of indigenous North Americans taken by Edward S. Curtis (1868-1952) may be seen as contrived, staged, and perpetuating the myth of the "noble savage". While it's true that these individuals, photographed during the early part of the 20th century, were already languishing on reservations and treated as second-class citizens, these images were not taken solely to appease and entertain those in power.
As Curtis himself wrote, "The information that is to be gathered ... respecting the mode of life of one of the great races of mankind, must be collected at once or the opportunity will be lost." To that end, he recorded tribal lore and history, describing traditional activities, customs, and ceremonies. This included making 10,000 wax cylinder recordings of native languages and music, and more than 40,000 photographs of 80 different tribes. In many cases, his biographical sketches of tribal leaders are the only recorded histories in existence.
The portraits taken by Curtis, seen almost a century later, are no less powerful for the apparent anonymity of people whose names and stories are long forgotten. The grace and beauty of the human spirit shine through.
More than 2000 of these images can be found at the Library of Congress, including many more portraits, all of which are profoundly moving.
Coming to Light is a documentary about the life and work of Edward S. Curtis.
For the last little while I have had some pretty big cravings for Mexican flavours and over the weekend I certainly did indulge them. Although the salmon tacos with blueberry salsa were really good, they did not completely satisfy my cravings and I was looking for more. With dinners and lunches already planned for the week that left breakfasts and I knew just the dish to make! I came across this recipe for Mexican baked eggs on Kalyn's Kitchen a while ago and as soon as I saw it I knew that I would have to make it as it uses so many of my favourite Mexican ingredients and flavours!
In addition to being nice and simple and easy, this recipe is also really tasty! You start by making a sauce with a base of onions, garlic, cumin and chipotle chili powder which is filled out with the tomatoes and black beans and finally finished off with some fresh cilantro. This sauce is then poured into a baking dish and topped with eggs and cheese and then it is baked in the oven until the eggs are cooked and the cheese is all melted and good! As you can see by the ingredients, this dish is also hearty and yet pretty healthy. This recipe will make enough for about 4 servings but you do not have to bake them all at once. The tomato and bean sauce will keep well in the fridge and you can make one or two servings at a time if you prefer and spread it out over a few days.
Mexican Baked Eggs
Eggs baked in spicy black bean and tomato sauce topped with melted cheese.
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 4 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese such as jack and cheddar
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, chipotle chili powder, and jalapeno saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and black beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Place half of the mixture into one or more baking dishes, top with the eggs and spoon the remaining mixture around the eggs.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the eggs just start to set, about 5-8 minutes.
- Top with the cheese and broil until it melts, no more than a minute or so.
Tomato and Feta Baked Eggs
Asparagus Huevos Rancheros
Ive been wanting for some time to make a YouTube clip of a beautiful natural waterfall near where I live. So Ive decided today is the day. Now lets see, camera, tripod, walking shoes: yep were ready. The water cascades between two trees and makes a lovely sound so hopefully I can catch that on the movie. All going well I'll post the result later. Have a great day.
Tuesday, 13 September 2011
Monday, 12 September 2011
Friday, 12 August 2011
If you choose a single day to be mindful this year, Wisdom Publications, longtime publisher of books on Buddhism and mindfulness, hopes you’ll make it September 12th. And they plan to make sure you’re not alone.
The publisher’s inaugural Mindfulness Day, tied into the 25th anniversary edition of their classic Mindfulness in Plain English, is meant to raise awareness about the value and benefit mindfulness brings, and give individuals and communities the chance to experiment with and practice meditation.
In the spirit of the occasion, Wisdom is creating an online platform to inspire people to create space in their lives for meditation, encouraging people to join their Mindfulness Day Facebook page to share ideas, pictures and videos on how mindfulness has impacted them and to share plans for celebrating.
How does one celebrate Mindfulness Day? Tim McNeill, Wisdom’s president and publisher, offers that having a mindful celebration means reconnecting with family, the community and the self in a spirit of quiet contemplation. Some of his suggestions include gathering communities to share an afternoon of meditation, or having families reconnect over a shared meal.
“The possibilities are limitless,” says McNeill. “Commuters who ride the same bus or train can find a way to take a quiet mindful moment or two. Or, thirty. Our hope is that Mindfulness Day will continue and grow into an annual event.”"
Saturday, 6 August 2011
- We studied the success of the Old Spice Guy vs. Fabio standoff.
- We watched an unexpected singing talent sprout up in the Philippines.
- We saw dramatic footage from an outbreak of violence in Syria.
- We tracked the popularity of Rebecca Black's 'Friday' follow-up.
- We enjoyed some cool people-powered animations.
- We looked at intense video from a tornado in Russia.
- We found a big ad in Brazil and an unsettling cloud in Canada.
- We laughed as a beluga mariachi fan added itself to the list of recently popular aquatic mammals.
- And the world was introduced to the 2nd Avenue Sinatra:
Check back every day for the latest about what's trending on YouTube at: www.YouTube.com/Trends Kevin Allocca, YouTube Trends Manager, recently watched 'Saved By the Bell Interactive Game.'
Friday, 5 August 2011
Thursday, 28 July 2011
Friday, 15 July 2011
Friday, 20 May 2011
Saturday, 7 May 2011
Friday, 6 May 2011
Whenever it comes to purchasing something of value it is very predominant that it requires a rational decision. This statement stands true for all the situations where hard work, efforts, money and technology come to fore. The technological progression has opened gateways for many to be accessible 24*7 to customers, clients, friends to any and every one. Domaining is the latest trend which has gained popularity with many which offers a platform to companies to showcase their business abilities in terms of services on the offer. In other words it is an articulated process where the whole idea is to conjecture on the most viable domain name. Though domaining is a much bigger process of which buying the perfect domain name forms the most important part.
Buying a domain name is a much bigger process which requires strategic planning and investment. It is the whole process of following and believing in ones instincts by speculating on a viable domain name which would tender valuable returns in the future.
There are various organizations, companies, websites, individuals, etc. who are involved in the business of offering domain names. However, caution is the key as in this list of many honest offers there are some fraudulent providers as well who promise a lot but just for money. Thus, best is to be well educated about the background and market worthiness of the company before pouncing on a purchase. It is through a domain name that customers, clients, people in the world know about the functionality of the organization at large. Thus the decision of purchasing a particular domain name has to amalgamate with the vision and mission of the company else people many think otherwise giving a bad brand to the same.
To buy domain name which matches the real intention of the person, company, organization, etc offers security in terms of prospective benefits which any rational human being intends to. Thus taking assistance from professionals in the field offers genuine advice which helps in generating more traffic to the site thus generating income.
Adam Reedy writes about “Domain Name” If you are looking to buy domain names, domain names and cheap domain name or just interested in the Australian domain name industry, please log on - http://www.netfleet.com.au
Article Source: http://www.a1articles.com/article_2213174_1.html
About the Author:
Spiritual wellness is an integral part of a balanced life and it’s one of the 7 aspects of wellness. This spiritual plan involves meditation and prayer. Spiritual wellness is a firm foundation to take a healthy helpful action. The key of having healthy life is through a holistic approach of wellness. When you experience feelings like fear, disappointment or that of joy, pleasure etc at times makes you feel that you’re becoming spiritual well, when these actions become more consistent with your beliefs and value.
Tips that can be applied to change your daily life:
Spend five minutes for spiritual wellness:
• Meditation is connected to the body, mind and soul to create emotional balance for the overall well being. Meditating for five minutes will make your mind clear and also you tend to stay relaxed. Just 5 minutes of breathing deeply will help you evade all the negative energy and will also help you in seeing the world in a whole new perspective. Meditation reduces stress, depression, panic, difficulty in sleeping and so on. It also gives a solution to all your problems. The highest state of consciousness can be received through meditation.
• Another spiritual practice is prayer. Prayer makes the body feel healthy also improves your faith. Prayer is a highest power to meditate on your belief, in which your mind would feel that you’re not alone. Prayer is the only way one could think off to solve any kind of problem since there is a strong vibe that god is listening to your prayers but here faith plays a very important role.
• Reading of spiritual message for few minutes will help you to strength that connection.
The ideal structure in a potently suggestive statement is an affirmation. Affirmations Coach helps us to reach new levels of awareness and happiness and it not only gives you happiness but also changes your mood, mind and health.
Certain people play the role of a spiritual guide who develops skill in the truth of god. They are able to receive messages from angels. Through heavenly guide and studies, they use different techniques and tools. One of the spiritual guides says the following quote” Angels spiritual functions helps us in realizing your hopes and dreams”. If you’re graced with good fortune or love you can receive the blessings which help you to live in harmony.
Most of them even give Intuitive angel card guidance. Through angel card you’re seeking spiritual guidance especially to solve your everyday problems. Through intuitive angel card guidance there are even ways to increase your financial abundance so one can avail this service by subscribing to many free websites that are exclusively made for daily angel guidance.
Kristina Angelgate life's mission is to spiritual wellness guide all those who are open and receptive to blessings. With her Intuitive Coaching, Personalized Affirmations (verbal exercises, prayers) and messages from your angels and spirit guides, we can together guide you to attain your goals.
Article Source: http://www.a1articles.com/article_2201091_51.html
About the Author: