Tuesday, 10 January 2012

New fish tank mistake # 1




Back in February 2011, I was inspired to buy a 20 gallon fish tank because it came with a Fluval 104 filter. I'd had good results previously with a Fluval 305. How could I go wrong? Well go wrong I did. Mistake number 1 was too many fish. Due to unbridled enthusiasm, I wound up over populating the tank by a factor of 3. The Fluval 104 couldn't keep up with the fish poop, and the tank was continually milky. It was a tough lesson, as I'd grown fond of the little fellas, and the only resolution was to take some of the fish back to the store. Which I did, with much reluctance. So that was error number 1. I'll elaborate next on error number 2, which only served to stall the development of the good bacteria in the tank. Until tomorrow. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment