Thursday, 20 March 2014

Good Morning from Healesville

As you can see the temperature has dropped quite a few degrees over the last few weeks. Just a few weeks we were having overnight temperatures in the high 20s and low 30s. It always takes me some time to adjust to the change. Its easier going this way as I only feel cold. Going into summer I get headaches so I prefer this time of year.

Today in class I'm teaching students how to use contemporary chat systems in social media. Should be fun, and they're a smart group. All going well we will get onto Video chat and Hangout type stuff. This lesson always reminds me how the great majority of people experience isolation as a daily reality, and despite a minority of people using the internet for communications, that for many, learning how to use the internet for whatever reason is a bridge too far. So we will go gently. Happy Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment