Monday, 31 March 2014

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

I'm aware that many years ago, Post Traumatic Stress disorder hadn't been isolated as an experience. I certainly didn't sign up for the experience. I didn't see it coming. It would never have occurred to me that I would experience PTSD in the environment that I did. And I would never have guessed the triggers were what they were. And yet unannounced, it all came to pass, and is still unwinding itself today.

I've come to appreciate how long it does take to put PTSD fully behind one. I cant imagine how hard it must be for Soldiers to return from a combat zone, and begin to assimilate to normal life. Looking back the best thing has been a stable and loving home environment. It hasn't been easy on those around me, and I wouldn't blame them if they opted out.

So what do you do. Looking back to happier times, I was always known as the one who smiles and laughs. My how things change. How to get the laughter back. How to get the easy smile to return and parked on my face. Its still there, but mired in adult responsibility, the happy disposition finds it hard to peer out. More laughter required.

What makes me laugh? Laughter makes me laugh. I love laughter. More laughs, less serious stuff. Its the only way out. Lighten up. Take it easy. Laugh at myself.

This video is going to get bit of a thrashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment