Monday, 24 March 2014

Three Day Weekends

I love my three day weekends. From the age of 14 till recently I've worked full time and frankly couldn't imagine anything but work, work,work. My circumstances voluntarily took a turn, turns out for the better, in 2004 when I left full time employment to chase a life long dream. Of course the money stops, and the bills keep coming. However looking back, its been 10 years since that time, and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Im so glad I chased (and caught) my dream. But thats a whole other story.

Jump forward to today, and my part time work means all my Mondays are free. Free to roam beautiful places like that above. So this is my life. It may not be ideal, but it is perfect. I wouldn't change it. When working full time I definitely contributed financially to my community. Now I feel I contribute real help.

I feel there is too much emphasis on work, and not enough on nurturing the real us to come out and express our uniqueness. Interestingly the internet is encouraging; encouraging me to reduce the gap between feeling and expression. Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment