Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Visibly Lost

I really couldn't understand school, and it seemed to be leading nowhere. Its funny because so many of my school mates seemed to know exactly what they were doing, and were striving with every breath to be the best student in the school, or get the highest marks, or make the biggest impression. I never understood what they were doing, and still don't to this day. Who were they impressing? I don't know. 

It was almost like they had foreknowledge of the system and they were committed to working it and getting the most out of as they could. I always remember the "Sweepers" Family (Three brothers) and how they were all determined to be dux of the school no matter what. And the three brothers all did it. They were all dux. They all seemed so confident and self assured they they would do it. It was to them a fore gone conclusion. How did I get mixed up with such brilliance? I don't know. I remember "Dave" having his visible-man patient, and how he’d take him apart and identify all the organs inside him. How weird. He was determined to be a surgeon. And he did it of course. And his two older brothers were equally brilliant. Chemistry and Engineering if I recall correctly. Where as me, I had no idea what I wanted to do, apart from fly airplanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment