Friday, 8 May 2015

Loving the Netflix

I decided I had nothing to lose in trying out Netflix on the one month free trial. In Australia, on average there are at least 22 minutes worth of ads for every hour of viewing. We have become so conditioned to it one sort of expects the ads to always be there. 

But I'm not like that. Why put up with annoyances when they can be gotten rid of. And so it is with Netflix. One hits the Go button and whatever is being viewed runs without interruption. Subconsciously I'm waiting for the ads, but they never come. The selection of movies, documentaries and so forth is good and growing. 

Suffice to say I'm happy and haven't watched any TV for some weeks now. Its just not worth it. My viewing habits are: Main Course: Netflix with a desert of YouTube. Forget TV. Its well down the food chain. Iview and iPlayer get the occasional airing.

Personally I don't care if the TV channels fold and disappear. They have had plenty of free time to adapt to the rise and pervasiveness of the internet. Their protection of revenue streams has come at a price. Their failure to adapt is underwhelming and who cares? 

Finally, I haven't decided whether I'll continue with the paid product yet. But I must admit I'm scratching for reasons not to. At $12 a month, it seems good value.


No comments:

Post a Comment